Dunehelden Academy: Version 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finding ways around- Music Room

2 posters

Go down

Finding ways around- Music Room Empty Finding ways around- Music Room

Post by Mollie Geist Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:50 pm

Mollie didn't exactly enjoy using her walking stick to get around. Having to tap over and over again on the ground got repetitive and fairly annoying quickly. However, in cases like this where she did not fully know her surroundings yet, it was a necessary evil. She was exploring different sections of the school today, without assistance and the last thing she wanted was to run face first into something and not be able to find her way back to her dorm. So, here she was: one hand on the wall and the other hand holding her stick that she had aura linked so she could at least SEE it.

The wall that she had her hand on made a turn and she followed. Only a few steps later the wall disappeared into emptyness, her hand moving into the new opening. She groped around to find the edges of the wall. Ah, an open door. She turned and walked inside. She moved her walking stick around to try to better examine where she had put herself. No desks, thats odd. Wait, had she found her way into a large closet again??

She continued walking around the room until she felt and heard her walking stick hit something that didn't appear to be a wall. Whatever it was sounded to be made of wood. She moved her free hand towards the new object. The top was flat like a table, but by feeling the sides it was up too high and too think to be that. She moved around the object, allowing her hand to drift along the curved, smooth wooden survace. Her fingertips traced down a curve like shelf and then ping. Her pinki hit what she assumed was a button of some sort that made a sound. Interested, she moved her and along the "shelf and a series of similar music notes vaulted out of the instrument at her.

She couldn't help but smile and giggle softly. So this was a Piano. She had never actually gotten to touch one before. She managed to sit herself on the stool, propping her hate stick, on the side of the piano and gently ran her fingers over the keys, soft enough to not make any sound.

Last edited by Mollie Geist on Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mollie Geist

Level : 1

Character Profile
Full Name: Mollie Geist

Back to top Go down

Finding ways around- Music Room Empty Re: Finding ways around- Music Room

Post by Vincent Hawk Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:02 pm

((Hope it's okay if I jump in here -- if not, do let me know and I'll delete this. ^^))

Vincent hummed to himself as he came back into the music room with a fresh mug of tea in his hand. He paused and blinked when he noticed someone had beaten him there, and taken his customary seat on the piano bench.

"Hello," he said, smiling as he stepped forward. "Is there something I can help you with?"
Vincent Hawk
Vincent Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mollie Geist Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:30 pm

Mollie almost fell out of the seat, startled by the voice. She turned towards the sound and tipped her head. She saw the swirling aura of what sounded and was shaped like a man. His colors seemed comforting and not too bright for her liking. She smiled shyly, her voice a bit louder than a whisper, "Oh, no, I'm fine, Sir. Just stumbled my way in here, quite literally."

She removed her hands from the keys of the piano. "I'm sorry, if I'm bothering you. I've never had the chance to touch one of these before. If I'm in the way, I can move."

Mollie Geist

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Hawk Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:38 pm

Vincent shook his head. "Not at all. I wasn't expecting anyone else to be here, that's all. I don't believe we've met -- I'm Professor Vincent, if you've heard of me." He chuckled. "Actually, I'm Professor Vincent whether you've heard of me or not."
Vincent Hawk
Vincent Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mollie Geist Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:48 pm

She smiled softly and gave a small nod. "I actually have not heard of you, but I suppose that is to be expected since I am new here." She reached for her walking stick, attaching her aura to it when her fingers clasped the handle. She carefully stood and walked closer to the older man, looking at him closely with her milky eyes.

"My name is Mollie. It's nice to meet you." She gave a small bow with her head. "You seem to be a very nice man; your colors speak well of you. If you don't mind me asking, are you the one who teaches music, Professor?"

Mollie Geist

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Hawk Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:53 pm

Vincent nodded. "My pleasure. Mollie. I'm the principal of the Academy as well as the music teacher." He held out his hand automatically, then paused, tilting his head in confusion. This girl was obviously blind, yet she spoke of colors. "What do you mean, my colors speak well of me?"
Vincent Hawk
Vincent Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mollie Geist Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:03 pm

She smiled and gently took his hand to shake it. She giggled softly at the mention of colors. "I can see some things, Professor. Just not the way other people do. It is a bit difficult to explain sometimes." She paused for a moment and looked at the center of his abdomen where the manifestation of his colors came from. "I've been told that I see. . . the manifestation of life or a living being's aura if you will. But to me, I just see."

She released his hand from her grip, shifting her gaze back to where the man's face would be. "I'm sorry if I'm a bit confusing. I don't mean to cause trouble."

Mollie Geist

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Hawk Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:07 pm

Vincent nodded slowly as she spoke. "Fascinating. There's no need to apologize, you're not causing trouble. It's always good to learn new things." He smiled.

"Speaking of... you say you've never touched a piano before? Are you interested in learning to play?"
Vincent Hawk
Vincent Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mollie Geist Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:17 pm

She sighed softly at the older man's words, releived that he was being understanding about her situation. However, her back tightened and she blinked a few times in surprize when he mentioned her learning piano.

"I-I'm not sure," She stammered. The thought had never occured to her, really. Everything that she couldn't see was usually just that to her, a vast nothing in the black void. "Do you really think I could?" Her brow furrowed a bit, in deep thought. "I've never- I mean, no one has. . . could I? Without being able to see it?"

Mollie had always liked music. Miss Zimmerman used to humm her songs sometimes to calm her down when Mollie was much younger. But the idea of actually being able to create something both scared and intrigued her.

Mollie Geist

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Hawk Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:24 pm

Vincent's smile widened. "I don't see why not. Reading sheet music would be tricky without an alternative to the standard, but playing it shouldn't be a problem. I could put tape on the keys, with Braille letters so you can tell them apart." This could turn out to be as fun as it was fascinating.
Vincent Hawk
Vincent Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mollie Geist Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:41 pm

"Really?" She looked up at the Professor with wide eyes, a smile slowly curling across her peachy toned lips. "I guess it never hurts to try."

She turned back towards where she thought the piano had been, tapping her stick along the ground. "I know I won't be able to read the sheet music but maybe I can just learn by hearing, pleanty of people play that way right?" Only instead of the piano she was met by the wall instead, she overshot where it was by a bit.

Mollie Geist

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Hawk Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:46 pm

"That's definitely a viable option."

He moved forward automatically to help her when she missed the piano and found the wall instead. "Need a hand, there?"
Vincent Hawk
Vincent Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mollie Geist Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:51 pm

She looked over her shoulder at him, her cheeks flushed slightly from embarassment. "I might. . . at least until I learn the room a bit better. But I still want to try." She reached her arms out and was able to find the piano stool again. She carefully seated herself and poked one of the keys with her finger.

"Could you try to teach me just a little bit now? If I'm not imposing." Her excitement made the words fly out of her mouth faster than she intended.

Mollie Geist

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Hawk Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:12 pm

Vincent grinned and sat down on the bench beside her. "I'd be glad to." He gently took her hands and guided them to the keys. "Here's middle C," he played it for her, "and here's a scale." Do-re-mi-fa-so-la-ti-do.
Vincent Hawk
Vincent Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mollie Geist Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:24 pm

She felt around the keys for a bit before letting her new teacher guide her hands. She smiled softly and giggled. "So, it's like your hands are doing a dance."

She listed to the scale carefully and tried doing it a few times on her own. She messed up a bit, trying to learn the key placement without being able to see where her fingers were landing was difficult. She was able to correct her self, she just had to move her fingers slowly.

She pursed her lips together slightly and stared at the blackness where the piano was. "I wonder. . . " she mummbled to herslelf. She placed her hands on the piano and focused, trying to attach her aura to it. If she was successful she would be able to see it a bit and at this point, seeing a little might be better than seeing nothing. She grimmaced a bit and sighed, looking at her hands. She wasn't that great at attaching her aura but maybe she would get better at that while she attended this school too.

She looked over her shoulder at him. "I'm sorry. I thought I would try something. . .it didn't work." She placed her hands back on the piano, playing a few notes before she heard the sound of the middle C. "So I just need to practice this scale until I become proficient at it?"

Mollie Geist

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Hawk Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:36 pm

"For a start, yes." Vincent watched her curiously. "There's a fair bit more to playing the piano than that. Scales and arpeggios are just the first step." He smiled, reminded of that one song in The Aristocats. "This is an arpeggio, by the way." He played one going up from middle C.
Vincent Hawk
Vincent Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mollie Geist Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:53 pm

She smiled and listened intently, trying to determine how to replicate it. She tried to douplicate the arpeggio but faltered. "Maybe I shouldn't do that until I'm able to determine which keys are which better."

She nibbled on her lower lip a bit and managed to do the regular scale with a bit more ease than she was able to do before. She giggled softly and looked at Vincent over her shoulder. "I'm not sure you understood your commintment when you offered to teach me piano. Would you really be willing to put brail tape on a keyboard for me?"

Mollie Geist

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Hawk Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:56 pm

He smiled at her. "Of course. It's a teacher's job to make sure their students can learn as effectively as possible. And who knows, it might spark some interest with my other students. They might want to try their hand -- no pun intended -- at playing blindfolded."
Vincent Hawk
Vincent Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mollie Geist Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:01 am

She nodded. "I just don't want to become a hinderance. When I'm trying to learn something new, I have a tendency to throw myself at it. If I become too over zealous let me know."

She giggled when he mentioned others playing blindfolded. "I don't know how well the normal sighted ones would do. I would be intrested in listening to that. I count myself lucky that I don't see the way that everyone else does. My world may be dark but it can be quite beautiful." She looked up at Vincent. "I really do wish I could explain to you how it is, but unfortunately I lack the knowlege of how you see to put it into words."

Mollie Geist

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Hawk Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:13 am

Vincent nodded. "I can understand that. It's like me trying to explain music to my wife, who's been totally deaf her whole life. She can feel the beat if it's strong enough, and read my lips when I sing, but beyond that there's a barrier we can't cross." He shrugged one shoulder. "The irony of our relationship has not escaped me."
Vincent Hawk
Vincent Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum