Dunehelden Academy: Version 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Misadventures in Kitchenware

2 posters

Go down

Misadventures in Kitchenware Empty Misadventures in Kitchenware

Post by Hoshi Satou Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:19 pm

Hoshi was a many of many talents, but there were two things Hoshi was notably terrible at: cooking, and healing. And unfortunately, on many occasions — like today — the two of them seemed to go hand in hand.

Hoshi had half of a roll of paper towels wrapped around his hand, blood soaked through at the palm. On one side of him sat a girl whose arm was sheathed in a sling; on the other side, a boy who was vomiting what looked like crystals into a trashcan in perfect ninety second intervals. (He wondered if it had been some spell that caused that, or if he was some sort of creature where that was what one normally threw up when sick, but he thought it might be rude to ask.)

He had seen the doctor in passing, but hadn't gotten the chance to formally meet her, though he'd been meaning to. Of course, he'd also been meaning to do it in a more dignified manner, but he supposed it couldn't be helped.
Hoshi Satou
Hoshi Satou

Level : 1

Character Profile
Full Name: Hoshi Satou

Back to top Go down

Misadventures in Kitchenware Empty Re: Misadventures in Kitchenware

Post by Elliestraaeln Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:39 pm

Ellie stepped into the room, checked her clipboard, and sighed. She moved to stoop in front of the vomiting child and pressed a faintly glowing hand to the back of his neck.

"Oh, Jonathan," she pressed her other hand, also glowing faintly, to his chest. The light from both of her hands lifted into a mist and settled into the lad's body. "Did you get in a duel with Kemekin again?"

The boy glared at her. Ellie held his gaze, looking steadily down her nose at him as one of her eyebrows quirked into an arch. The boy averted his gaze and grumbled something about it being a lucky shot between sharp coughs. A few more crystals popped out of his mouth and he spat them into the trashcan.

Ellie cuffed the back of his head and stood to check her clipboard again. "Ah. Professor Satou?" She turned back to look at Hoshi. "Oh... Oh dear. What did you do?" There was a touch of worry in her voice, but seeing as the man wasn't screaming in pain or seemed to be missing any fingers... Well.

She tipped her head a bit and offered him a smile. "Did you get into a duel with my nephew as well?"
Elliestraaeln
Elliestraaeln

Level : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoshi Satou Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:48 pm

Kemekin — that was a name Hoshi knew. He'd heard that the two were related, as well, which had been another reason he'd been curious to meet the school's resident healer. Kemekin was a rather, well, interesting student, to put it mildly.

"Nothing like that." Hoshi gave her a sheepish smile. "I had a bit of an accident in the kitchen." He peeled back the paper towels to reveal a long, shallow cut running horizontally across his palm... and a series of bright, pink and purple polkadots running over the entirety of his hand.

"I may have attempted to heal it myself before coming here," Hoshi explained. "Healing magic never was my strong suit."
Hoshi Satou
Hoshi Satou

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliestraaeln Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:01 pm

Ellie snorted and immediately pressed her palm over her mouth to hide her grin.

"Oh..... Oh dear." She chuckled and turned to grab a square of gauze from a drawer. This she soaked in alcohol as she came back to kneel in front of him. "Well, you certainly managed to make it, ah... More colorful."

"What kind of accident in the kitchen?" She took his hand and glanced at him through her hair before starting to clean the blood away. Rhythan had a habit of challenging people to fencing matches with various cooking utensils, but she had yet to see knives used.

Elliestraaeln
Elliestraaeln

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoshi Satou Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:27 pm

"I was making a mini-pizza in the toaster oven." Hoshi winced at the slight sting of antiseptic as she cleaned the wound. "I didn't have a clean spatula and had to use a meat cleaver to take it out, though what actually got me was the aluminum foil box. It's a lot sharper than it looks."
Hoshi Satou
Hoshi Satou

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliestraaeln Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:34 pm

Ellie brought the faint light once more to her fingers and brushed them over the cut, guiding her magic to knit the flesh back together.

"Not the first time I've heard of someone using a cleaver as a spatula," she said, voice colored with amusement, "But those aluminum liners are out for blood, I swear."

After a bit, the cut was healed. She looked up at the Professor and tipped her head. "D'you want me to get rid of the polkadots, or would you prefer to rock the look for a while? The pink ones suit you, but I'm not sure if purple is your color."
Elliestraaeln
Elliestraaeln

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoshi Satou Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:58 pm

Hoshi clenched his fist experimentally, the new skin still somewhat tender, but clearly healed. Really, it hadn't been a bad cut; if it had been on his other hand, he might have just slapped a bandaid on it and just let it heal on its own, but having a gash across his hand would make writing a bit difficult.

"As stylish as they are, I'm not sure I own much that would match," Hoshi replied, his voice thick with mock-remorse. "Sadly, I think they'll need to go."
Hoshi Satou
Hoshi Satou

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliestraaeln Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:09 pm

Ellie feigned a solemn nod and formed her magic into a barely-visible mist, which sank into Hoshi's skin and dissolved away the batches of unnatural pigmentation.

"Shame, really. You'll have to bring those back at some point. Perhaps Professor Honghui has a pink button-up he could let you borrow." She grinned at him and stepped aside to the young female with her arm in a sling-- dislocated elbow. An easy enough fix, which Ellie was able to take care of without too much trouble. Once finished, she wrapped the girl's elbow in a compression bandage and advised her to be gentle with it, as the joint would be sore for a few more hours.

"I don't think we've had the chance to introduce ourselves," Ellie said over her shoulder as she sent the girl on her way. "It's nice to be able to put a face with the name, Professor Satou."
Elliestraaeln
Elliestraaeln

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum