Dunehelden Academy: Version 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exploding balls of gas that cheesy couples stare at - roof top

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Exploding balls of gas that cheesy couples stare at - roof top Empty Exploding balls of gas that cheesy couples stare at - roof top

Post by Abaddon Talbot Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:38 pm

Abaddon had already set things up on the roof. He knew that snooping around in some of the teachers dreams would be useful eventually. You could find out things like grades, ways to get to places you shouldn't and other blackmail.

He smiled as he looked at his work. He had laid out a few thicker blankets for them to lay on and a few others were folded to the side just in case they got cold. He also had a large thermos of hot chocolate ready. He was actually quite proud of himself.

Now the only thing that was missing, was the girl. He was sitting up there waiting, hoping he had explained how to get up there easily enough.
Abaddon Talbot
Abaddon Talbot

Level : 3

Character Profile
Full Name: Abaddon Talbot

Back to top Go down

Exploding balls of gas that cheesy couples stare at - roof top Empty Re: Exploding balls of gas that cheesy couples stare at - roof top

Post by Jung Roojin Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:56 pm

Roo pushed in the eighth volume of the encyclopedia series that sat, seemingly neglected, a dusty bookshelf in the back of an unused classroom on the second-to-last floor of the north tower. There was a muffled click, and the shelves swung forward to reveal a hidden doorway, with stairs leading upwards.

As Roo turned to look towards the outer door, she noticed that the dust on the floor-- and the shelf itself, for that matter-- settled right back into place as if enchanted. Her eyebrows lifted, impressed at the attention to detail taken to hide this roof access stairwell. She eased herself up the stairs, flinching as the shelves hissed back into its original position. Roo gulped and continued up.

When she reached the rooftop and pushed open the heavy door, she gasped. The night sky was clear, the stars bright, the view spectacular.

"Holy shit," she mumbled, tipping her head all the way back to stare at the moon. It looked huge from here.

"Abs, how did you find out about this?"
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Level : 1

Character Profile
Full Name: Jung Roojin

Back to top Go down

Exploding balls of gas that cheesy couples stare at - roof top Empty Re: Exploding balls of gas that cheesy couples stare at - roof top

Post by Abaddon Talbot Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:18 pm

He beamed at her reaction and sat on the nest of blankets he made. A chuckle escaped his lips, "It's a secret. I have to keep being brooding and mysterious somehow."

He reached out to her and wiggled his fingers. "Now come sit down with me. I even made you hot chocolate and I brought marshmallows. You'll have to walk me through some of this since I'm not used to staring at balls of exploding gas forever away."
Abaddon Talbot
Abaddon Talbot

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jung Roojin Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:30 pm

Roo smirked and ambled over to the nest he had made. She settled down and ooh-ed over the proffered hot chocolate.

"Y'know, I still can't tell if you're being exceptionally charming on purpose or on accident." She nudged his side with her elbow. "But this is amazing, oppa. Thank you."

She raised her gaze skyward, eyes searching for familiar shapes in the stars. "There's Ursa Major again," she said, pointing upwards and tracing the mother bear constellation. "And over there is Cassiopeia! That big W. Andromeda should be near it, but I can't..." She pouted her lips a bit and scanned the heavens. "Pisces is missing, too. That's weird. Pisces is huge..."

If she could find Pegasus, she should be able to find both of the missing constellations. But the winged horse was nowhere that she could see. Her brow started to furrow, then she blinked, realizing that she had been staring skyward for several minutes now, looking for her old friends.

She blushed and looked at Abaddon. "I'm sorry. I had a nerd moment."
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Talbot Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:47 pm

He ran his fingers along his jaw, thinking. "I think it's mostly intentional. Or maybe it's an accident. I can't say for certain." He chuckled.

He followed her gaze up towards the sky and smiled. "Isn't Pisces just two fish? I didn't think it would be so big." When he realizes that he had lost her to thought and to the stars he tested his head on her shoulder.

He smiled that showed through his voice. "You are fine. This is all for you. You need to have nerd moments and enjoy yourself. I'm just along for the ride."
Abaddon Talbot
Abaddon Talbot

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jung Roojin Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:02 pm

Roo smiled and started playing with his hair while she studied the sky.  As her cheeks warmed further she realized that she blushed a whole damn lot when Abaddon was around.  

"Well, what about you?  What do you enjoy doing?"  She gave the side of his skull a gentle scratch as she glanced at him.  "I have to pay you back somehow, don't I?  You've been doing a lot for my sake and I feel like it's my turn to make you blush like a fool."  

His hair was really soft.  Roo was having a hard time keeping herself from imagining him as a giant kitten.

Last edited by Jung Roojin on Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Talbot Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:57 pm

He grumbled and leaned into the pets. He blinked a bit and grumbled. "I... I don't really know what I really enjoy. I like the books you got me and ... I like hanging out with you."

He couldn't be honest about his favorite past time.

He wrapped his arms around her middle, pulling her close. "I actually.... I like scaring people. I know it might sound weird and creepy but I think it's fun. I get to see how people tick and what makes them freak out, you know? I think it's cool."
Abaddon Talbot
Abaddon Talbot

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jung Roojin Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:13 pm

Roo quirked her lips to one side and leaned readily against Abaddon when he pulled her in. She was quiet for a long moment, considering. The psychology of fear was an interesting one, and knowing a person's fears certain gave a new insight to how their mind worked. Who they were.

Roo gulped. "It's not weird, really." She chose her words carefully. "It's actually really, really cool. As long as, y'know, you know where to draw the line. Studyin' someone's fears and causing them trauma are two different things."

She nestled her head under his chin. "How... you're not malicious about it, right?" She wanted to ask how he went about scaring people, but decided she didn't want to know.
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Talbot Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:46 pm

He was worried that he had gone too far. Maybe he just should have kept his mouth shut. He grumbled and held her a bit tighter.

"I'm just curious. I don't try to be mean about it or anything. I just like.... I don't know. I guess that's one of the reasons why I like Haloween so much. I'm allowed to scare people and I don't look like a creep. Just when people are scared you can see who they really are."

He grumbled and shifted so he still had one arm wrapped around her waist. He used his free hand to run through his hair and looked up at the stars. "Just, don't worry about it, okay?"
Abaddon Talbot
Abaddon Talbot

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jung Roojin Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:35 pm

Roo hummed an affirmative and nuzzled at the base of his neck, enjoying the rumble his voice produced.  When he told her not to worry about it she looked up at him and nodded, one corner of her lips curling into a reassuring smile.  

"It's okay.  Being interested in fear doesn't make you a monster.  I know monsters."  She hesitated as she watched him muss his hair.  She leaned forward and gave him a quick peck on the corner of his jaw, then immediately turned forward hugged her knees to her chest and focused her gaze skyward, pretending she hadn't just done it.  A bright pink tinge crept slowly into her face and she made a show of tracing a new shape in the sky with her index finger.

"That one looks like a dragonfly," she mumbled.
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Talbot Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:38 am

Yep, she knew what a monster was, just not when she was sitting right next to one.

The small kiss took him off gaurd and he blinked for a moment. His face contorted a bit trying to hold back his laughter but he ended up losing. He threw his head back and cackled. He looked down at her and smiled. "Roo-kins, where are you from were you are not the most adorable thing? Because I'm pretty sure that might have been so cute it's illegal." His cheeks flushed slightly but he wasn't sure if that was from laughter or Roo catching him off guard.

He ruffled her hair before laying down on his back to get a better look at the sky. "Where is this dragonfly? I didn't see it."
Abaddon Talbot
Abaddon Talbot

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jung Roojin Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:12 am

Roo beamed and pulled her hood over her head to hide how pink she had gotten. She pointed upwards and traced the dragonfly again, then realized that his perception had changed as he lay down.

"It's-- hey, come back up here. You won't be able to line up where I'm pointing." She tried to pout, but couldn't tamp down her smile.
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Talbot Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:14 pm

He grumbled, "But it's more comfy down here with me." He smirked and made grabby hands at her. "And I thought you wanted to see as many stars as possible so this is the best way."

He propped himself up on his elbows so he was at a better angle. "Okay, show me the dragonfly thing and then we are gonna lay down. Cause I made this nest for cuddles."
Abaddon Talbot
Abaddon Talbot

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jung Roojin Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:36 pm

Roo let out a mock sigh of exasperation and flopped down beside him. She wriggled up to his side and stretched her arm to the sky, closing one eye to line up Abaddon's view with hers so she could point out each pinprick of light.

"See? There's the wings, all four of them, and the tail..."
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Talbot Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:51 pm

He squinted and looked up at where she was pointing. It just looked like a bunch of dots. "Clouds are a bit easier to make shapes of. This connect the dots seems odd." He smiled at her. "But that's not a bad thing. So is that a new constellation you will be painting on your ceiling?"

He thought to himself for a moment. He kept on getting distracted by so many things. Why would he care so much if she found out about him. And why did he keep on having to stop himself from asking her about the 'monster under the bed' when he knew all it would do was cause trouble? He sighed and shook his head. "You puzzle me sometimes, Roo-kins. But it keeps my brain busy so I count it as a good thing. "
Abaddon Talbot
Abaddon Talbot

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jung Roojin Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:03 pm

Roo rested her head on his shoulder and hummed. "Dunno. I think I'm gonna try and find some books on border constellations tomorrow. It might be."

Her eyebrows rose and she tilted her head so she could look at him without compromising her comfortable position. "I puzzle you? How so?"
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Talbot Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:24 pm

He turned on his side to look at her and smiled. "You are just very interesting, and I'm not sure if you know that about yourself. You make me question things that I haven't before. Like I normally don't care about what other people view me as or what they think of me. If they don't like what I do then too bad, but I'm still going to do what I think is best. But I actually care about what you think of me and what I do... That hasn't happened before."

He chuckled and laid back on his back. "Maybe I'm the one that is puzzling."
Abaddon Talbot
Abaddon Talbot

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jung Roojin Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:37 pm

Roo moved to use his chest as a pillow, on her back with arms folded across her tummy so that she could stare right up into the sky. "Maybe I just got you on a good day," she joked.

"Either that, or you have a crush on me. I'm a really bad judge for this sort of thing." She chuckled. "What puzzles me is that I've had real trouble making friends. My whole life. And then you come along and all of a sudden I'm comfortable in my own skin."
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Talbot Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:10 pm

He blushed when she mentioned him having a crush. Maybe that was it. It did make sense. He shrugged and ruffled her hair. "Well, if I do have a crush on you, I'm assuming you not running for the exit means you are okay with this idea."

He looked up at the sky. This was oddly peaceful. "I don't understand why you would have trouble making friends. I mean we became friends easily enough. Are you getting along with your roommate and everything? I've never not been comfortable with who I was so I'm not sure if I can relate to that."

He began to play with her hair a bit, just something to do to pass the time.
Abaddon Talbot
Abaddon Talbot

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jung Roojin Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:25 pm

Roo hummed an affirmative. "Her name is Mollie. She's the sweetest thing. And she's not bothered by me having the lights on to draw at night."

"It-- I guess I was really wrapped up in just getting from one day to the next. Making it to the next sunrise was more important than having someone to sit with at lunch. I stayed away from people, because it was easier to hide things that way." She closed her eyes, focusing on the feeling of her hair being played with, rather than the frown that tugged momentarily on her lips.

"I really like this," she mumbled after a long moment.
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Talbot Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:49 pm

He chuckled and moved his head to look at her. "You like what? Having super serious conversations by the light of the stars?"

He was quite for a moment and said in a rather serious tone that didn't completely sound like himself, "I'm really sorry that you had to go through that. Like my parents have never really been around much, especially my mom... But to have someone so important to you just do the things you've told me. No one should have to go through that."
Abaddon Talbot
Abaddon Talbot

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jung Roojin Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:59 pm

"I like having a friend to stargaze with and who will play with my hair unprompted."  She laughed and reached up to pat his cheek.  

"It's... I mean, it's a thing that happened.  And it's not gonna happen any more, because I'm never going back."  She ruffled his hair.  "I know my dad can't find me here, because I don't even know how I got here.  He probably wouldn't come looking for me, anyway."  

Grumble.  "I'm sorry your parents weren't attentive.  But at least... I mean, they took care of you when you needed them, right?"

Last edited by Jung Roojin on Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Talbot Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:05 pm

His brow furrowed a bit and half shrugged. "I mean... Kinda? My mom is a muse so she left shortly after I was born and I haven't seen her since. My dad and his family were the ones taking care of me. I think I was more of a chore to them than anything else."

He smirked. "To tell you the truth, I kind of left to come here without telling anyone. They haven't cared to leave their Forrest to look for me so they might just think I died... And I'm okay with that. I don't plan on going back there either."
Abaddon Talbot
Abaddon Talbot

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jung Roojin Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:12 pm

Roo turned sideways so that she could look up at him, her cheek smooshed against his chest. "We'll just be a pair of obnoxious runaways together then, yeah? They'll write comics about our adventures. Years later they'll make a video game adaptation that will be adored by half of the comic fans and despised by the rest, mostly because the theme song will be permanently stuck in their heads."
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Talbot Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:15 pm

His face distorted again, trying not to laugh and eventually failing. He guffawed and had to take a moment to get the giggles out. "So are you volunteering yourself to draw this comic? I could maybe help write it but I'm really not that great with commitments when it comes to work. Maybe it would just be easier if they adapted the comics into a really bad movie that everyone would hate... Or a tv series."
Abaddon Talbot
Abaddon Talbot

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum