Dunehelden Academy: Version 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ready, Aim... (open)

2 posters

Go down

Ready, Aim... (open) Empty Ready, Aim... (open)

Post by Odette Cohen Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:14 pm

Odette hummed as she tiptoed along the fallen tree behind the vegetable garden, lining up cans and bottles to shoot. Obviously she wasn't allowed to have a handgun on campus, but she still had her airsoft pistol, and target practice was just as fun regardless of how loud the shot was. Practicing so much with her airsoft meant that she would have to get used to regular handgun kickback all over again when she got the chance, but...

Kickback was easier to get used to, anyway.

With two dozen targets lined up, Odette pranced back to the black case she had set on the grass fifty yards away, Rhythan had been collecting the targets for her (since they were going to be recycled anyway, a few dents and holes here and there wouldn't hurt) and Odette was all too happy to get out of the bustling castle for a bit. Sure, it was cold outside, but nothing two jackets and a scarf wouldn't fix. Her hands were getting cold already though, since she couldn't wear her mittens and shoot at the same time.

Odette popped the CO2 cannister into her pistol, squared her feet, and closed one eye as she took aim. With a sharp crack, one empty soda can went flying.
Odette Cohen
Odette Cohen

Level : 1

Character Profile
Full Name: Odette Renee Cohen

Back to top Go down

Ready, Aim... (open) Empty Re: Ready, Aim... (open)

Post by Aghaveagh Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:40 pm

Aghaveagh paused when the familiar popping of an airsoft gun echoed to the walking trails ringing the castle grounds. He put his hands in his pockets and lengthened his stride, and felt a small smile curl his lips as Odette's back came into view. Aghaveagh bit his lip and made an effort to produce as little noise as possible as he slunk towards the younger girl.

Another crack. Another bottle went flying. Aghaveagh waited until she lowered the pistol, then stooped to rest his chin on her shoulder.

"Aim's as good as ever, Sweetlin'."
Aghaveagh
Aghaveagh

Back to top Go down

Post by Odette Cohen Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:53 pm

Odette flinched and spun in place to face Aghaveagh, brow furrowed to realize that he had gotten so close without her notice. She composed her face into a gentle smile and looked the nymph over before speaking.

"I'd like to think I've g-gotten better." She tucked the pistol beneath her arm and took a moment to rub her chilled hands together. "What brings you sneaking up b-behind helpless young maidens d-during target practice?"
Odette Cohen
Odette Cohen

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aghaveagh Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:05 am

Aghaveagh watched her trying to warm her gloveless hands and tsked softly. "Gon' catch your death o' cold out here," he muttered. He blinked and straightened a bit, offering Odette a soft little grin.

"Mayhap I sensed a damsel in very, very mild distress." He held out his hands, palms up. "Your hands must be freezing. Hand 'em over, darlin'."
Aghaveagh
Aghaveagh

Back to top Go down

Post by Odette Cohen Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:18 am

Odette chirruped and let her nose crinkle a bit as she shook her head.

"I'm fine, Agh. I c-can't shoot while I'm wearing my mittens." She took a step back from the tall male and set her feet apart to take aim once more. There were four more targets left-- two shots of the airsoft brought that number down to three. Odette lowered the pistol and pouted. She was doing just fine until Aghaveagh showed up. Grumble.
Odette Cohen
Odette Cohen

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aghaveagh Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:46 am

Aghaveagh rolled his eyes and decided that a little persuasion was in order. He let his magic drift from him in a swirl of invisible pollen and guided that tendril to Odette's senses.

"C'mon, Sweetlin'. Lemme warm those pretty hands of yours." He tipped his head a tiny amount and stepped forward once more, lifting one hand invitingly, his brow furrowed just enough to read as concern. "Ain't gonna bite. Not 'less you want me to, anyhow."
Aghaveagh
Aghaveagh

Back to top Go down

Post by Odette Cohen Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:48 pm

Odette turned to tell Aghaveagh that, again, she was fine, but once his magic hit her she felt herself relax. Her pupils dilated and she suddenly realized that letting the young man warm up her hands for her was the reasonable thing to do. Perhaps it would help her aim if her hands weren't tensed from the cold. And did recall Agh having very warm hands.

A little smile turned the corner of her lips upward and she let him take her hands. "Thanks, Agh," she mumbled.
Odette Cohen
Odette Cohen

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aghaveagh Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:02 pm

Aghaveagh hummed and wrapped her hands in both of his. He blew gently on her fingers and grumbled as he rubbed them twixt his palms. "Your hands are freezin', Odette. Am I gon' have to buy you some proper gloves so you can be warm and shoot at the same time?"
Aghaveagh
Aghaveagh

Back to top Go down

Post by Odette Cohen Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:13 pm

"My mittens work just fine." Despite her disgruntled tone, Odette made no move to step away from him. "You don't need to b-buy me anything. In fact, I don't want you to."
Odette Cohen
Odette Cohen

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aghaveagh Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:05 pm

Aghaveagh bowed his head to breathe on her fingertips again. He looked at her through his hair and softened his voice.

"An' why can't I buy you things, Sweetlin'? I liked spoilin' you. It'll be like before." He pulled her hands close to rest them against his chest while he massaged her wrists with his thumbs.
Aghaveagh
Aghaveagh

Back to top Go down

Post by Odette Cohen Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:35 pm

Odette's brow furrowed. She shook her head and gently pried her hands out of Agh's grip.

"It was n-nice," she muttered. "But you know why it ended. Really, I d-don't need you to buy me gloves. I h-have gloves. Just..." She huffed through her nose and stooped to pack her airsoft pistol away in its case.

"W-will you help me pick up the cans and b-bottles, please? I want to g-go inside."
Odette Cohen
Odette Cohen

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aghaveagh Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:44 pm

Aghaveagh pouted and straightened. He looked around and hooked his thumbs into his pockets. "I didn't mean t' make you uncomfortable, darlin'. Just didn't like the idea of your hands turnin' blue from the cold."

At her request, he offered a charming smile and gave a sweeping bow. "Yes ma'am, m' at your service." He strode past her, making sure to ruffle her hair on the way to gather the targets that had been shot furthest away from the fallen tree.
Aghaveagh
Aghaveagh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down