Dunehelden Academy: Version 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kitchen sneaking nomtimes

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kitchen sneaking nomtimes Empty Kitchen sneaking nomtimes

Post by Kazari Baratoge Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:57 pm

Kazari did not realize her mistake until she was already in the kitchen-- it was two in the afternoon on a saturday, and Kazari was craving things.  Things involving barbecue sauce.  And she was wearing all white.

So before gathering ingredients, Kazari decided to search for an apron.  

She had gone through half of the cabinets and drawers already, with no apron produced.

Dammit.  

Kazari ruffled her hair in frustration, accidentally brushing her flower crown out of place as she looked around the room.  There were empty pegs on the wall by both doors, and an empty hook on the door to the dry pantry.  She looked down at her dress and wondered if it was worth the trouble to make something anyway.  She might not get sauce all over her dress.  But if she did, it would take ages to get it to white again.

Grumble.

Last edited by Kazari Baratoge on Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kazari Baratoge

Level : 1

Character Profile
Full Name: Kazari Baratoge

Back to top Go down

Kitchen sneaking nomtimes Empty Re: Kitchen sneaking nomtimes

Post by Hitoshi Gilespi Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:11 pm

Hitoshi raised a slow eyebrow as he stood in the doorway of the kitchen.

He'd gotten wrapped up in what he was working on and forgotten to eat lunch during the time lunch was being served, which in and of itself wasn't a problem. Hitoshi was perfectly capable of cooking for himself, and in fact, tended to prefer it. He was, however, slightly irritated with himself for losing track of time.

"...Are you looking for something?"
Hitoshi Gilespi
Hitoshi Gilespi

Character Profile
Full Name: Hitoshi Gilespi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazari Baratoge Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:19 pm

Kazari looked up through her hair from where she'd stooped to check some lower shelves.

"I'm looking for an apron. Do you know where they put them?" One would think that by her fifth year at Dunehelden, Kazari would remember where things belonged. "I was hoping to cook something, but I don't want to risk having to sacrifice a virgin to whatever god reigns over getting stained fabric back to white."

Kazari Baratoge

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hitoshi Gilespi Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:37 pm

If it was aprons she was looking for, she seemed to be looking in all the proper spots. And though it was hardly his kitchen — all of the teachers and students were welcome to use it — Hitoshi was a bit obsessive about things being kept in order.

He frowned at the empty hooks, then checked the drawers, the cabinets, the shelves. He even stood on his tiptoes to check the tops of the cabinets just in case someone had shoved them to the back.

Hitoshi gave a sharp, frustrated sigh. Six aprons, and not a single one of them were here. "They're either all in the wash, or someone's stolen them. All of them."
Hitoshi Gilespi
Hitoshi Gilespi

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazari Baratoge Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:01 pm

Kazari's lips formed a small moue of annoyance and turned to face the oven.

"What'cha think are the chances of getting barbecue sauce everywhere if I decide to make pizza?" She tipped her head and offered Hitoshi a small grin. "There'll be plenty if you want some."

Kazari Baratoge

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hitoshi Gilespi Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:54 pm

Hitoshi glanced at the stove, then at Kazari. While he usually preferred to cook alone, he wasn't opposed to pizza. And he didn't mind being around Kazari, either — and knew her well enough to know that even if they didn't always have the same tastes, that he did typically enjoy her food.

"I can take care of the barbecue sauce," Hitoshi said. "What do you need me to do?"
Hitoshi Gilespi
Hitoshi Gilespi

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazari Baratoge Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:22 pm

Kazari's grin widened, making her eyes squint. "I know we've got premade pizza crusts floating around somewhere. We'll need to cook some bacon and chop up pineapple, and the rest of the magic happens in the oven."

Kazari Baratoge

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hitoshi Gilespi Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:37 pm

Hitoshi rolled up his sleeve and went to wash his hands. Given Kazari's aversion to the barbecue sauce, he had a feeling she'd prefer to do the fruit than the meat.

He grabbed a pan from the cabinet, then rolled up on his toes to reach for the oil in the cabinet. He could see it on the top shelf, just out of reach, and frowned.

"Ah — Kazari?"
Hitoshi Gilespi
Hitoshi Gilespi

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazari Baratoge Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:54 pm

"Hm?" Kazari toddled over and looked up to where Hitoshi was reaching. She then picked Hitoshi up at the waist and lifted him so that he was level with the top shelf.

Kazari Baratoge

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hitoshi Gilespi Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:09 pm

Hitoshi stiffened as he felt her lift him up to the top shelf, his cheeks going hot at the contact. He quickly grabbed the oil from the shelf.

"Um. Thank you." Hitoshi didn't quite meet her eyes as she put him down.

Hitoshi had only meant for her to grab the bottle for him, but he supposed that worked as well.
Hitoshi Gilespi
Hitoshi Gilespi

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazari Baratoge Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:36 pm

Kazari grinned. "You're welcome."

She selected a knife from the drawer and started very carefully murdering a pineapple. "D'you want slices or chunks on your pizza?" She indicated the fruit with her knife. "They're easy to bite either way, so slices won't drag the cheese off or anything."

Kazari Baratoge

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hitoshi Gilespi Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:14 pm

"Slices," Hitoshi replied immediately. "They're more elegant."

He draped the raw slices of bacon over the pan the moment it began to sizzle, the delicious smell of cooking bacon filling the air.

"Crispy or chewy?"
Hitoshi Gilespi
Hitoshi Gilespi

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazari Baratoge Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:45 pm

"We'll go with crispy." Kazari worked the pineapple into neat slices.

"Do we have thyme or rosemary? They work surprisingly well with the pineapple." She opened the fridge doors as she spoke to find the discs of premade pizza dough.

"Who's your new roommate this year, by the way? Mine doesn't seem to like me much."

Kazari Baratoge

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hitoshi Gilespi Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:46 am

"We should have both on the spice rack, but be careful. Some of the teachers like to store herbs for potions and tonics in the cabinets." Hitoshi prodded at the bacon as it sizzled and popped. "You don't want to accidentally use asphodel instead of rosemary."

Hitoshi wasn't quite used to the level of conversation Kazari kept up, but she wasn't terrible conversation. "He's... quiet. I don't know that much about him yet, but he mostly keeps to himself. Who are you rooming with?"
Hitoshi Gilespi
Hitoshi Gilespi

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazari Baratoge Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:32 am

Kazari smirked. "The one out of Vero's gang that isn't blonde. Tebryn gets really quiet and stops looking up from whatever he's doing when I come in." She shrugged.

Kazari Baratoge

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hitoshi Gilespi Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:14 pm

Hitoshi recognized the name, though it took him a moment longer to put it with a face. Tebryn tended to face into the background compared to the rest of the Headmistress's wards. He couldn't say that he knew much about him.

He was silent for a moment, focused on the sizzle of the bacon, then slid it off the pan and onto a paper towel to drain and cool before it was added to the dough.

"I don't typically eat Hawaiian pizza. Do you typically season it in any way beyond the barbecue sauce?"
Hitoshi Gilespi
Hitoshi Gilespi

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazari Baratoge Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:16 pm

Kazari nodded.

"We don't really season the sauce, so if you want different flavors it all comes from the toppings or the kind of barbeque sauce you're using." She set the pizza dough down and looked at him through her hair. "It's really simple to make. Put however much sauce you want down, then ad the bacon and any greens, then the cheese and the pineapple, and sprinkle rosemary on top. Then we put it in the oven until the crust is golden."

She made a happy little swish of her hips, as if she were a puppy wagging her tail. "I really hope you end up liking this, Hitoshi. It's delicious."

Kazari Baratoge

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dmitry Gilespi Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:57 pm

Dmitry wasn't hungry. He hadn't been, anyway. Then he happened to be walking past the cafeteria that boring afternoon and, off on the wind, he spotted the sweet, delicious smell of bacon and his stomach decided he could definitely go for a snack.

He poked his head through the doorframe and rapped on the wall. "Hey! Need somebody to help you eat all that? Hell yes, I see pizza toppings."

Dmitry Gilespi

Level : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hitoshi Gilespi Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:13 pm

"I haven't had it before, but the flavor composition seems like it would contrast well with each other."

Hitoshi glanced up at the familiar voice as he brushed the barbecue sauce onto the pizza dough. He didn't especially mind his cousin being around, but it was Kazari's pizza. He looked over at her in deferment.
Hitoshi Gilespi
Hitoshi Gilespi

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazari Baratoge Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:26 pm

Kazari beamed at Thrall's entrance and nodded. "Join us~."

She tipped her head and suddenly decided that the pizza needed greens. "Actually, do we have any spinach?" She toddled to the fridge and started poking around in the crisper.

Kazari Baratoge

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dmitry Gilespi Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:04 pm

"Spinach and bacon?" Dmitry looked around the kitchen, clapping Hitoshi on the shoulder in a friendly manner as he looked over his cousin's shoulder. "And barbecue sauce, and pineapple- wow. All this needs is a big ol' salad with more bacon. Maybe some cheesesticks or something? Suddenly I could eat half a dragon."

Dmitry Gilespi

Back to top Go down

Post by Hitoshi Gilespi Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:58 pm

"I'm not sure Kazari would approve of eating dragon," Hitoshi replied dryly, "but if Rhythan doesn't mind us using the second oven, we can probably make a batch of breadsticks. They're not especially difficult. And while I feel like loading down vegetables with bacon fat would be defeating the purpose of salad, I'm sure we do have all the ingredients needed for it."
Hitoshi Gilespi
Hitoshi Gilespi

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazari Baratoge Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:03 am

Kazari smirked, part of her really wanting to make a terrible joke in response to the prospect of eating dragons.

Thankfully, she didn't follow up on that urge. She straightened with a fistful of spinach leaves in one hand and gave them a quick rinse in the sink before shredding them by hand and sprinkling them over the barbecue sauce. She then took half of the bacon, crushed it, and added it to the pizza before going back to the fridge for cheese.

Kazari Baratoge

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dmitry Gilespi Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:13 pm

Dmitry blinked- he had missed that one- then grinned when he saw Kazari's smirk out of the corner of his eye. "Really? They're both 18, I woulda thought they'd have gotten to that by now."

"Anyway~," he said, heading to the fridge as soon as Kazari was done with it to raid the crisper, "the point of a salad is to be crunchy, and preferably convey ranch dressing. Or bleu cheese. Anyway, I want one, and you can leave off the bacon if you want."

He found a clear place to drop a pile of lettuce, cucumber, carrot, and so on, and a thought occurred to him. "Breadsticks... breadsticks would also require dough. So we'd need to find frozen dough or make cheesy toast instead, unless one of us can whip up a spell to make yeast rise in less than an hour."

Dmitry Gilespi

Back to top Go down

Post by Hitoshi Gilespi Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:17 pm

Hitoshi made a face at Dmitry's comment, and under his breath he muttered, "Crass."

He helped Kazari sprinkle the cheese over the top of the pizza. "Hm, unless Rhythan has something frozen, I don't think I have anything ready. But toast could work."
Hitoshi Gilespi
Hitoshi Gilespi

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: