Dunehelden Academy: Version 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First night shift (open)

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

First night shift (open) - Page 2 Empty Re: First night shift (open)

Post by Kemekin Evans-Barros Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:34 pm

Kemekin leaned casually out of the way, one eyebrow lifting steadily higher as he watched Abaddon flap at him. He lifted one leg and prodded at him with his foot in a go away motion, all while composing his face into the most "Well I never," expression he could muster.
Kemekin Evans-Barros
Kemekin Evans-Barros

Level : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Jung Roojin Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:40 pm

Roo snickered.

"If you want more effective sleeves, I'll let you try my hoodie on. This thing is huge." Though now that she thought about it, the fit would be much more appropriate for Abaddon's size. The sleeves might not fall past his hands after all.

From the desk by the door, Norton chirruped.

"Oh. I'll be back, guys."
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Character Profile
Full Name: Jung Roojin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Talbot Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:35 pm

He leaned to peer after her, looking where she was going. His brow furrowed and turned towards Kemekin. "What was that sound?"

He moved to look around another bookshelf, trying to be sneaky and failing miserably.
Abaddon Talbot
Abaddon Talbot

Level : 3

Character Profile
Full Name: Abaddon Talbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Jung Roojin Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:27 pm

Roo jogged over to where Norton was sitting perched on the shelf above the registers. He made flapping motions at her then turned his head far to one side.

Roo seemed to get the gist of things and sighed. "Yes, sir."

She strode over to the dead languages section and checked on the man thumbing through the volumes. He assured her he was fine, and with that Roo gave him a little bow of her head and returned to the monkey, who whistled and started signing at her. Roo watched, and nodded, and smiled. "I can do that."

Norton flapped at her again. "No, we weren't fighting."

Flap.

"We weren't flirting, either."

Norton gave her a meaningful look.

"Shut up."
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Talbot Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:38 pm

He continued inching closer until he could see the register. Was that. . .a monkey?? He tipped his head confused and his mouth fell slack a bit. He thought he had seen some pretty crazy stuff living in the fae realm but a monkey bossing around a human was new.

He grabbed the books that he was going to buy and walked up behind Roo. He tapped her shoulder and smiled. "If I'm being too much of a disturbance I can buy my books and leave for a bit. I'll make sure I'm back in time to walk you back to the school." He leaned down closer to her ear and whispered, "What's up with the monkey?"
Abaddon Talbot
Abaddon Talbot

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jung Roojin Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:55 pm

Roo flinched to find Abaddon suddenly so close to her and immediately grinned. "He owns the store. His name is Norton and he's nosy."

Norton smirked.

"Anyway. Um," she flicked her bangs out of her eyes. "Yeah, I'll check you out. You weren't being a disturbance, oppa."

She walked around the counter and rang him up. "Are you certain you don't mind coming back? I've walked back to school alone before. I don't want to drag you out too late."
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Talbot Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:17 pm

He stared wide eyed at the monk- uh, Norton. Well, this really was an interesting place.

He looked down at her, his smile reaching his eyes before curling across his lips. "It's no problem at all, I promise. There really isn't any way I'd get to sleep before the early hours of the morning anyway." He went through the motions of purchasing his books. He winked at her before he left. "I'll be back around 1:40. Don't leave without me."
Abaddon Talbot
Abaddon Talbot

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jung Roojin Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:30 pm

"I'll try real hard not to leave, but I've been known to get distracted and wander off." She grinned and waved to him, watching him carefully as he left.

As soon as the door was closed behind him, Norton started making kissy faces at her.

"Shut up!"

At one thirty, after half an hour of no customers, Norton decided that they could count down the registers. In ten minutes, the two of them had everything accounted for and Roo was helping Norton find a pen with which to do all the paperwork. Norton waved her away, chirping and prodding her towards the door with his foot. Roo laughed and stooped to get her bag from behind the counter.

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay? I can help you with the--"

Chirp. Flap.

"Alright, then. Lock the door behind me." She stepped out onto the sidewalk, pulling her sleeves back down over her hands, and hefted her backpack onto her shoulder. "G'night, Norton."

Norton flapped at her and stuck out his tongue before turning the locks into place.
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Talbot Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:39 pm

He was already wating outside the store, just outside of the windows of the store so he wouldn't be noticed. He turned to look towards the door when he heard the door open. A smile curled accross his lips and he stepped up to her. "Closing early? You were right, by the way. These books were excellent. I'll have to get the rest next time I come in."
Abaddon Talbot
Abaddon Talbot

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jung Roojin Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:10 pm

Roo had just started to nibble on her sleeve and look for Abaddon when he turned out of a shadow. "Yeah, we were able to shut everything down by one-thirty." She shivered a bit in the late night chill, but couldn't keep the grin off her face.

"I figured you'd like 'em. There's eight books in the series so far, but it's still in progress. I can always set them aside for you as they get them in." She glanced back in the window to see Norton point to her, then Abaddon, then wiggling his monkey eyebrows.

Roo grimaced. She gave Abaddon an apologetic look. "He's been teasing me since you left. I think he doesn't get out much."
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Talbot Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:29 pm

He looked over her shoulder and chuckled at Norton. "I would imagine not given his current circumstances." He offered his arm to her before beginning their walk back to the school. "Do you need me to carry your bag for you?"

The moon was beautiful, the air was crisp and chill. It seemed like the perfect setting of a dream he would love to ruin and turn into a nightmare. But alas he was 'awake'. At least he had good company,
Abaddon Talbot
Abaddon Talbot

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jung Roojin Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:48 pm

Roo looked at his proffered arm, her lips quirking slowly to one side.  Her eyes crinkled with a smile and she tentatively hooked her arm with his.  "It's not really heavy; I've got it."  

She changed her stride to better walks with him and got a little distracted looking up at the stars.  She knew the stars back home-- could map out what they looked like from her window at any time of the year.  But these stars were new.  Or at least in different positions.  She could find a few familiar constellations, but the rest--

"Ooh!"  She spotted Ursa Major, turned to face the wrong way, and her eyes lit up as she pointed to the sky.  "I've been looking for that one since I got here!"

Last edited by Jung Roojin on Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Talbot Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:25 am

Abaddon placed his hand on the bottom of his sternum so that she could hold on to his arm with ease. When she stopped abruptly to look at the stars, his eyes followed her gaze. So she liked stars, mental note taken.

"Really? Which one are you looking at exactly. I have to admit I've never been one to stargaze." He grumbled a bit, looking into the light spotted blackness. "It always makes me feel like I'm so small and not important. With all the everything that's out there: planets, other galaxies, endless space...."
Abaddon Talbot
Abaddon Talbot

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jung Roojin Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:38 am

Roo hugged his arm for support as she stood on tiptoe to trace the inverted shape of the bear. "Ursa Major, the Mother Bear. She and Ursa Minor are the only constellations to never sink below the horizon. In the human realm, seafarers used to use Polaris to navigate because it was always in the north. Polaris is part of Ursa Minor, but..." Her brow furrowed. "I can't find it."

She bit her lip and went back to walking normally, though she now curled her fingers into the fabric of his sleeve. "I used to stargaze every night. Gave me something to keep my mind busy." She lowered her gaze to the sidewalk and smiled lightly. "I had a hard time makin' friends, so the constellations heard all my worries and night-time ramblings instead."

"I have a whole new sky to learn now."
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Talbot Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:47 am

He ruffled her hair as they began to walk again. "Well, you certainly don't seem to have the problem of making friends here. Maybe you were just in the wrong place up until now and this is where you were always supposed to be."

He looked down at her and smirked. "Besides you have a 'I can't sleep' night buddy with me now. Well, occasionally. It's not too often where I can't sleep." It also wasn't too often where he couldn't find a good dream to mess with but if he was going to be stuck here with the same dumb kids and dumb dreams it might be happening more.

He grumble sighed and rubbed his face with his free hand. "The nights always feel so long when you're alone, you know? We could probably look for a book on astrology in the library tomorrow to help you figure out how this new sky works."
Abaddon Talbot
Abaddon Talbot

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jung Roojin Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:02 am

Roo hummed her agreement and rested her cheek on his bicep. "I know how that goes." She was starting to feel quite sleepy, actually. Every time she blinked her eyelids seemed to grow heavier.

"I'd like to find some star charts. Maybe I can get permission to pain the ceiling in my dorm room with the old constellations while I'm learning the new ones." She looked up at him and playfully bit at his sleeve. "Though while we're at it we might want to find you a book or two for Bolin's paper. Did you ever talk to him about doing an alternate assignment?"
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Talbot Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:10 am

He chuckled at her. "I doubt if they'd let you paint the ceiling. Maybe if you promised to paint them back when you left?

He arched an eyebrow when she mentioned the assignment that he had totally not forgotten about.... Yeah. He nodded. "Yeah, I talked to him after meeting you in the library. He said I still had to write to research paper but gave me an alternate assignment for the dream journal thing."

Bolin said that he could write about the dreams he observed and how he changed them/the reactions instead. He was actually quite excited about it. Keeping the journal might help him keep tabs on dreamers and what he had already done in their previous dreams. Also he could keep record of what he wanted to do next.

He looked down at her, noticing that she looked a bit tired. "Are you going to be able to make it the rest of the way or do you need me to carry you? Would that be romantic enough for our journey under the stars?" He chuckled, referring back to their previous shenanigans in the store with Kemekin.
Abaddon Talbot
Abaddon Talbot

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jung Roojin Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:23 am

Roo hummed again, letting her eyes stay closed as she listened to Abaddon speak.  She figured he wouldn't lead her into the gutter or anything.  Bolin had agreed to let her draw her dreams, instead of write about them, and she had done a few practice sketches... Oddly enough, her most recent dreams had featured a monster under the bed, not so much a menacing presence as an observant one. It was definitely something she was going to keep an eye out for.  

At his last sentiment she opened one eye and grinned up at him.  "Mn.  I'll be fine.  If Kemekin sees you carrying me, I'll never hear the end of it."

She straightened a bit as they walked past the Drunken Loa.  Quiet singing could be heard from the second floor of the building and Roo turned her head to watch the windows for a long moment before they progressed far enough down the sidewalk for the head turn to be uncomfortable.  

"Hey, oppa."  She paused, then decided that it couldn't hurt.  "We should go eat there sometime.  Their chicken and dumplings are amazing."
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Talbot Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:28 am

He shrugged and chuckled. "If you're sure. But if you start acting like you might fall I will carry you if you want me too or not."

He glanced back at the Cafe as they passed with a smile. "Sure. That sounds fine to me. I need to get out of the castle more often anyway." He leaned down so he could speak softer closer to her ear. "Should we call it a date? Or would you not want Kemekin to know about that either." He was teasing her... For the most part. Or so he thought, maybe. Although the idea of a date with Roo definitely didn't sound like the worst way to pass time.
Abaddon Talbot
Abaddon Talbot

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jung Roojin Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:46 am

Roo tipped her head towards his voice, but was quiet for a moment as she hugged his arm with both of hers. "You can call it a date if y' want. Kemekin would assume that whether we told him or not."

Abaddon smelled nice. Roo's sleepy brain did the math and figured it had been more than twenty-four hours since she'd really slept last. Dreams about melting walls and father-shaped shadow figures that smelled of vodka had kept her from managing anything more than a light doze.

Roo stumbled a bit and breathed in sharply through her nose, shaking her head to ward off the fog in her brain. She squeezed Abaddon's arm and blinked.

"Thank you. For being so cool to me." She glanced up at him and felt her cheeks heating up slightly. "Sorry. It's been a while since I slept last."
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Talbot Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:53 am

He felt her stumble a bit and sighed. "Hey, don't worry about it. I know it can't be easy not being able to sleep." He actually had a moment of remorse, knowing that some of her lack of sleep was due to him. But he shook it off quickly. He merelh tweaked a few things it was her own mind that did the rest. Besides, he would try not to mess with her dreams when they got back. Not tonight anyway.

He shifted slightly and swooped her up in his arms in one swift movement. "I told you if you started walking wobbly I would carry you. You were warned." He chuckled and walked a bit faster now that he didn't have to worry about keeping pace with her. "We're almost at the castle so it won't be long before you can go to sleep."
Abaddon Talbot
Abaddon Talbot

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jung Roojin Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:02 am

Roo squeaked when she was suddenly swept off her feet and reflexively hooked her arms around Abaddon's neck. She blinked at his chuckle, then grumbled something about being able to walk just fine.

She had to admit that this was a very comfortable way to travel, though. After a moment of trying to remain indignant, she rested her head on his shoulder and just listened to him breathe as he carried her. Her blush returned in full, and she was grateful that Abaddon was looking ahead and not at her. "It's a damn miracle you don't think I'm annoying yet, oppa," she teased.
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Talbot Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:06 am

"Hmmm?" He looked down at her long enough to see her flushed cheeks and smirked, returning his eyes to his path. "I wouldn't put it like that. I think you are interesting. It actually takes a lot to annoy me." He narrowed his eyes, "or a very specific personality could do it, I suppose."

"I'm slightly surprised that You don't think that I'm the one that is annoying. My... Inquisitiveness wasn't appreciated much at home."
Abaddon Talbot
Abaddon Talbot

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jung Roojin Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:43 pm

Roo grew quiet, lips easing into a light smile. No one had called her interesting before. She disagreed with the sentiment, but it made her chest swell with happiness nonetheless. She felt herself beginning to doze despite assurances that she was fine and awake enough to make it back to campus.

"I like that you're curious," she mumbled. "I never got to be like that at home, either."
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Talbot Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:57 pm

He smiled as he felt her relax a bit more in his arms. He wasn't sure if she would still appreciate his curiosity once she knew what he used it for. Especially if she found out what he had done with her dreams. Maybe she would never know.

"Not many people like that about me, so thank you." He carried her over the threshold to the college. At least her dreams would be safe for one night. Tomorrow would be a whole new story,
Abaddon Talbot
Abaddon Talbot

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2