Dunehelden Academy: Version 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Late Night Snacking (Open)

+2
Allan Warbeck
Frog Rosenfeld
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Late Night Snacking (Open) Empty Late Night Snacking (Open)

Post by Frog Rosenfeld Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:05 pm

Not needing to sleep was something that people frequently envied of Frog, which he supposed was because he had an extra eight hours a day during which he could theoretically get any number of things accomplished. Which was all well and good, but Frog never had any problem getting the things that he needed to do finished during the day. In fact, if anything, Frog found that he had a bit too much free time on his hands. Particularly at night, when no one else was awake.

Though that's not to say that Frog couldn't sleep if he wanted to. He spent the first thirteen years of his life sleeping almost every night, mostly because he hadn't yet realized that he didn't need to. But once the nightmares started... Well, as boring as it was being awake by himself, it was still better than the alternative.

With nothing else to do, Frog had slipped out of his dorm room and wandered into the back of the kitchens. He didn't technically need to eat, but he was craving something sugary. He climbed onto the counter and rummaged through the cabinets for anything sweet he could get his hands on.
Frog Rosenfeld
Frog Rosenfeld

Level : 1

Character Profile
Full Name: Sylvester Theodore "Frog" Rosenfeld

Back to top Go down

Late Night Snacking (Open) Empty Re: Late Night Snacking (Open)

Post by Allan Warbeck Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:33 pm

Allan tilted his head at the sounds coming from the kitchen, and moved warily forward to investigate. Was it just Rhythan bustling about as he usually did, or...?

He opened the door a crack, then a little more. Not Rhythan. Not him at all. A life-sized doll was climbing up on the counters and hunting through the cupboards, looking for goodness knew what. He watched in silence for a while, unsure of what to say and fearful of making the doll fall and break if he did.
Allan Warbeck
Allan Warbeck

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog Rosenfeld Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:42 pm

Frog grabbed an entire unopened bag of sugar and turned back around to sit on the counter. Just as he moved to rip it open, he caught sight of another person — an adult — standing in the doorway.

"Oh. Um." He considered his position for a moment, wondering if he would be in trouble for being out of bed. Then, deciding to cut his losses, he said, "You don't know how to make cookies, do you? I'm really craving snickerdoodles. Or maybe the little ones with the M&Ms instead of chocolate chips, but I dunno if we have any chocolate chips."
Frog Rosenfeld
Frog Rosenfeld

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allan Warbeck Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:46 pm

A doll that ate cookies. Well, that was interesting. Allan shook his head in response as he stepped forward. "I'm not much of a baker, I'm afraid. You shouldn't really be out here after hours. And the kitchen seems a bit dangerous for you." On closer inspection the doll looked more like plastic than porcelain; melting was more of a concern than shattering, especially if this doll wanted to use the oven. "...Are you a student?"
Allan Warbeck
Allan Warbeck

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog Rosenfeld Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:53 pm

Frog glanced at the bag of sugar, shrugged, then ripped it open and dipped a hand straight into the bag.

"I'm a junior," he said, before licking a stripe of sugar straight off of his hand. "Ve—I mean—Headmistress Poulain took me in when I was younger."

Frog stopped for a moment as what the man told him sunk in completely. "Why would the kitchen be dangerous for me?"
Frog Rosenfeld
Frog Rosenfeld

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allan Warbeck Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:58 pm

Allan cringed and hurried forward at the sight of the doll-boy's hand plunging right into the bag of sugar. "Oh, don't do that! Did you at least wash your hands first? And don't you dare lick your fingers and put them back in!" If the boy was able to eat and to taste, it was a fair bet he had some sort of saliva. On the other hand, magic, obviously. But still. Eeeegh.
Allan Warbeck
Allan Warbeck

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog Rosenfeld Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:07 pm

"Wha—" Frog blinked as the bag of sugar was ripped from his hands. "Hey, I was gonna eat the whole thing. I'm not an animal." He paused. "I mean, not that there's anything wrong with animals. One of my brothers is a dog."

Without looking, Frog reached up behind himself and grabbed a half-empty bag of chocolate chips and shook them out into his hand. "That's okay, though, I'll just have these instead."
Frog Rosenfeld
Frog Rosenfeld

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allan Warbeck Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:13 pm

Allan sighed as he put away the sugar, only for the doll-boy to opt for chocolate chips instead. Well, at least he was pouring them into his hand rather than grabbing them right from the bag. "I don't envy you once you crash from that sugar high. Go easy, alright?"
Allan Warbeck
Allan Warbeck

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog Rosenfeld Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:01 pm

"Oh, I'm don't crash. I don't have a metabolism. I don't need to sleep either. Or eat, technically, but I still like to." Frog tossed back a large handful of chocolate chips into his mouth.

"But — hey, a second ago you said the kitchen seemed dangerous for me. Why would you say that?" Frog's head tilted to one side.
Frog Rosenfeld
Frog Rosenfeld

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allan Warbeck Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:10 pm

Allan bit his lip. How to handle this... Did the doll-boy know what he was at all? Did he even feel pain?

"Well, there are all the knives, for one thing," he began. "And you could burn yourself using the oven. Happens even if one uses oven mitts at times."
Allan Warbeck
Allan Warbeck

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Tebryn Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:24 pm

"What he's saying is that you'll melt, Barbie."

Tebryn sauntered into the kitchen, hair ruffled from sleep, in baggy sleep pants that seemed about four sizes too big for his slender frame. He gave Allan a little bow of his head as greeting, then turned back to his older brother.

"Hyung, d'you need me to cook for you? You left a trail of sugar all the way back to your dorm room last time."
Il Tebryn
Il Tebryn

Character Profile
Full Name: Il Tebryn

Back to top Go down

Post by Allan Warbeck Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:27 pm

Allan looked around as another student entered, then nodded in agreement with the rather blunt assessment. Well, that took care of that concern. "Yes, exactly."
Allan Warbeck
Allan Warbeck

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog Rosenfeld Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:28 pm

Frog beamed at the sight of his surrogate brother before popping down off the counter. "Can you make cookies? Maybe snickerdoodles or M&M chip cookies or maybe the little sandwich ones?"

He looked back at Allan. "Oh — this is my brother, Tebryn." He rolled forward onto the balls of his feet and peered up at him. "You can tell I'm a doll?"
Frog Rosenfeld
Frog Rosenfeld

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allan Warbeck Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:32 pm

Allan nodded again. "Yes. I just wasn't sure if you knew it yourself. Sometimes what's seen is better off not revealed to the one being observed. And sometimes one just can't tell whether to reveal something or not."
Allan Warbeck
Allan Warbeck

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Tebryn Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:36 pm

Tebryn gave the shadow of a smile and reached to ruffle Frog's hair as he passed him to get to the sink. "Get me flour, white and brown sugar, vanilla extract, and whatever you want to put in the cookies."

He washed his hands as he listened to Allan speak. After a moment of quiet, he looked through his hair at the man. "Would you like some cookies as well, sir?" He shuffled to the fridge and collected butter, eggs, and milk.

"Oh, Frog-hyung. Also fetch salt and baking powder."
Il Tebryn
Il Tebryn

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allan Warbeck Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:40 pm

Allan smiled and shook his head. "No, thanks. I can't eat them. I'd gladly supervise while you bake, though." And clean up the inevitable mess that would result.
Allan Warbeck
Allan Warbeck

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog Rosenfeld Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:00 am

Frog grabbed most of the ingredients — brown sugar, white sugar, and various delicious things to throw into the dough — before turning back around to Tebryn.

"Uh, yeah, that last thing you said..." Frog made a face. "What's baking powder?"
Frog Rosenfeld
Frog Rosenfeld

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Tebryn Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:04 am

Tebryn smirked. "Hands."

He picked up the older male by the waist and carried him to the pantry, turning him this way and that to steer his hands towards the baking powder.

"Left. No, left. Your other left, hyung."
Il Tebryn
Il Tebryn

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Himmel Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:09 am

Himmel SENSED his brethren were up to something, after all, he was the alpha brother.

He skittered through the kitchen door. "Brethren!" he barked. "What are we doing? What are we doing?"

He wagged his tail as he scampered over to Frog and Tebryn "What are we doing?" He whispered.
Himmel
Himmel

Back to top Go down

Post by Allan Warbeck Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:15 am

Allan jumped and hastily sidestepped as someone else came bounding into the kitchen. Lovely, this was turning into a party.

"Let's not let this get out of hand," he said, looking between the trio. "One batch of cookies and that's it."
Allan Warbeck
Allan Warbeck

Back to top Go down

Post by Frog Rosenfeld Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:18 am

Frog extended his arms, smacking them around in the cabinet Frankenstein-style for a bit before eventually grabbing at basically every bottle in front of him.

"This one? This one? Is baking soda and baking powder the same thing? I didn't think soda was a powder — Oh, this one says baking powder!"

Frog grabbed it and hopped back down onto the floor. "We're making cookies! Though I guess we can't do chocolate now..." Frog made a face as he considered what to do. "Oh, snickerdoodles! Snickerdoodles are way better anyway."
Frog Rosenfeld
Frog Rosenfeld

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Himmel Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:25 am

Himmel scuffled over to Allan and stood on his tip toes putting his face as close to Allan's face as possible.

"You don't scare me, people. My Moose owns this school and if we want let things get out of hand and make cookiegedon we can."

He did his best to look tough, which for Himmel, was just, no.
Himmel
Himmel

Back to top Go down

Post by Allan Warbeck Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:32 am

Allan blinked as Himmel leaned in close to his face, and resisted, yea mightily, the urge to reclaim some personal space. He narrowed his eyes and kept his voice stern as he answered. "She may own the school, but you are still a student, and I have no doubt that she would be very displeased to find you causing so much trouble and mess."
Allan Warbeck
Allan Warbeck

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaise Des Rosiers Park Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:37 am

Blaise rubbed the sleep from his eyes and yawned. He wasn't really hungry, but he was bored and had heard Frog skittering out of his bedroom, and he'd gotten the feeling this was where Frog was going.

Normally Blaise wouldn't have bothered, but he'd seen Tebryn wander out this way too, and where there was Tebryn, there was food. Usually, anyway.

"S'going on?" Blaise mumbled. "We making food?" Then, catching sight of Allan, "D'you guys get in trouble again?"
Blaise Des Rosiers Park
Blaise Des Rosiers Park

Character Profile
Full Name: Blaise Alberi Jungsoo Des Rosiers Park

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Tebryn Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:40 am

Tebryn reached over and grabbed Himmel's shoulder to carefully drag him away from Allan.

"Hyung, behave or I'm putting egregious amounts of chocolate in the cookies." He looked up at Blaise's entrance and smirked as he flicked his hair out of his eyes. "Cookies are happening. Maybe. If our brothers don't piss off Allan-nim first."
Il Tebryn
Il Tebryn

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum