Dunehelden Academy: Version 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have Cello, Will Busk (open)

2 posters

Go down

Have Cello, Will Busk (open) Empty Have Cello, Will Busk (open)

Post by Liam Farrell Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:51 pm

Liam had borrowed a chair from the Magic Bean, and now sat on it just outside the shop with his cello between his knees. The case was open at his feet, with a few coins scattered inside it as seed money. If this worked out, he'd get a bit more cash on the side, and the Bean would get more customers. Win-win.

He finished putting rosin on the bow, then put it to the strings and started to play. Something fast and energizing to get people's attention. Apocalyptica's Path would do nicely for a start.
Liam Farrell
Liam Farrell

Level : 1

Back to top Go down

Have Cello, Will Busk (open) Empty Re: Have Cello, Will Busk (open)

Post by Jung Roojin Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:31 pm

Roo was just coming out of work when she noticed gathering people down at the other end of the block. Either the Magic Bean was very, very busy, or there was something going on.

The music began as she approached. By the time she was able to slip up near the man with the cello he was past the intro to the song, and recognition sparked in her mind.

Ah, she knew this one. She found herself smiling, and quietly started to beatbox along-- not intending to draw attention to herself, just because it was a habit she had. She wasn't a singer, but she could imitate sound well, and if she liked a song she would play along with it however she could. Her preferred instrument just happened to be her own mouth.
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Character Profile
Full Name: Jung Roojin

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Farrell Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:35 pm

Liam grinned as he played on, partly at the welcoming rattle of coins against the inside of his cello case, but mostly because the playing itself was so darned fun. A young lass with freckles started to beatbox along, and he caught her eye to give her a quick nod.
Liam Farrell
Liam Farrell

Back to top Go down

Post by Jung Roojin Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:58 pm

Roo blushed and her noises faltered. She pulled her hood over her hair and picked back up, a little louder, looking at the busker's feet as she kept following along.
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Farrell Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:04 pm

When the song was over, Liam stood for a moment to bow and thank his audience. He looked again at the beatboxing lass with an encouraging smile. "Good sense of rhythm you've got."
Liam Farrell
Liam Farrell

Back to top Go down

Post by Jung Roojin Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:28 pm

Roo's blush came back in full and she rubbed her nose as she watched the group dissipate. "'S just a thing that I do," she mumbled. "Where did you learn t' play like that, oppa? Apocalyptica's not easy to play on your own."
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Farrell Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:32 pm

Liam grinned. "I've been playing since I was eight. Apocalyptica's one of my favorite groups. I know it doesn't sound right without three other cellists, but it's still fun to play. I just wish I could more easily sing and play at the same time, even with slower songs."
Liam Farrell
Liam Farrell

Back to top Go down

Post by Jung Roojin Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:42 pm

Roo shrugged. "Maybe that's just a matter'f finding someone to sing with you. I don't imagine it's easy t' breathe right when you're supporting the instrument with your body."
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Farrell Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:47 pm

"Exactly." Liam reached up and pushed his hair back from his face. "I've been looking into learning to play the harp, too, and that'd be a lot easier to work with. Though according to my sister a harp can go out of tune if you so much as sneeze on it, so it'd be a pain in the arse that way."
Liam Farrell
Liam Farrell

Back to top Go down

Post by Jung Roojin Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:58 pm

Roo chewed on her lower lip a little and watched the taller boy speak. She had never heard harp music that she enjoyed, but she wasn't about to say that out loud.

She could kinda remember there being an accoustic guitar amongst her mother's possessions, one of a handful of things her father kept around the house that she was explicitly banned from handling. She figured that, if her mother had lived, she would have taught her to play.

And then she remembered that, no, there was no longer a guitar, because her father had smashed it last year in one of his... episodes.

Roo's brow furrowed for a split second and she sighed, hoping to clear the tightness in her chest. "Are you going to school here, or are you passing through? You don't look too much older than I am."
Jung Roojin
Jung Roojin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Farrell Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:04 pm

Liam nodded. "Aye. Long story short, I got lost and decided to enroll at Dunehelden to pass time and learn things until I can find a way back to the time and place I left in the first place. I might come back later, if I can find a way to after I finish up with normal school in Ireland. Assuming I can get back there at all." He frowned too. "I've got a lot to figure out." And that wasn't even touching on Eve and the issues there.
Liam Farrell
Liam Farrell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down